Should you hire an inhouse marketing team?
Should you hire multiple agencies who can take care of your marketing needs?
Should you do both?
Depending on your stage of business, the answer to all of the above migh be yes!
Here are a few things to consider as you are thinking through how to manage your marketing.
If you are new in business, and extra tight on cash… you might want to wait (desperation and marketing DO NOT go together). Do your marketing yourself. Learn what your market wants and works best for your company. This skillset will serve you well as you grow!
If you don’t have a proven offer that people actually want, marketing can’t fix that (no matter how amazing the agency is). So, work on your offer and get your first few clients or customers before you spend anything on marketing.
If you are unclear on your ideal clients, or your true value in the marketplace…an agency isn’t smart.
You SHOULD hire a marketing agency if:
- You have a proven offer that you want to scale.
- You want to maximize your exposure and grow your visibility.
- You want to generate more quality leads (but aren’t desperate to do so)
- You want to elevate your brand to make a bigger impact.
- You want to open new doors of opportunity.
- You know what works, and want to add fuel to the fire.
- You understand that hiring a full-time in house marketing team will cost anywhere from $20k-$30k per month, and know you can get a better ROI working with an agency.
Not everyone needs to hand over their marketing to anyone, especially before you dial things in and learn your market well.
But, for many, finding the right agency will increase their profits and take the stress of marketing off their plate!